- Recorded Date:Apr. 14, 2022
- Event:On Demand
Whether you’re a new or experienced SQL Server DBA, your responsibilities can get overwhelming. Proactive database administration is critical to keep SQL Server up and running, but sometimes best practices aren’t put in place or followed. In this MSSQLTips webcast, you’ll learn what you need to do to keep the lights on.
SQL Server MVP Joseph D'Antoni and Oracle ACE Janis Griffin will discuss:
- Best practices for configuration
- The importance of backup and restore
- Understanding maintenance
- What TempDB is
- Why you should never shrink a database
Beyond these topics, you will learn about changes between versions of SQL Server and how they may affect the way you maintain your systems. You’ll also learn about high availability and cloud options.
- Joseph D'Antoni is a senior architect and SQL Server MVP with more than a decade of experience working in both Fortune 500 and smaller firms. He is currently principal consultant at Denny Cherry and Associates in Malvern, PA. He is a frequent speaker at major tech events and a blogger on all topics technology. He believes that no single platform is the answer to all technology problems. He holds a BS in computer information systems from Louisiana Tech and an MBA from North Carolina State.
- Janis Griffin has more than 30 years of DBA/database experience, including design, development and implementation of many critical database applications. Before coming to Quest Software, Janis primarily worked in the telecom/network industry, working with both real-time network routing databases and OLTP business to business applications. Janis also held positions as a principal architect and senior manager, mentoring other DBAs on best practices in database performance tuning.