- Recorded Date:Feb. 28, 2023
- Event:On Demand
How can a successful enterprise choose an open-source technology when the community that’s behind it could suddenly lose interest? This could result in the tech stack becoming a technical debt and a growing risk to the IT operations team. It’s an understandable concern. But the potential for risk is outweighed by the reward, providing freedom from vendor lock-in and, in some cases, avoiding large proprietary licenses.
Watch experts engage in a thoughtful conversation on the philosophy behind open source with tales from real-world customer interactions.
What you will learn
What you will learn:
- How to look past the hype-curve in evaluating open-source technology as a part of your tech stack
- Why open source does not mean free
- What sustains the drive toward open source
- The reason open source is thriving now more than ever
Simplify your work with open-source databases. Discover easier ways to access data, monitor all your databases, manage new databases, migrate to MySQL and PostgreSQL and move Oracle workloads and data to Azure.