This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Archive Manager Server Migration to a new Domain

Hi,

During a Domain Migration we have moved the Archive Manager Server to the new Domain. Also, we have setup a new Exchange Server. All Mails was successfuly migrated to this new Exchange Server.

We have configured the adc.config file and Archive Manager "import" all the new Mailbox without problems, also ADC connection works fine. But (There is always a but), User can only login to the Archive Manager Website with the old Domain Account. If they choise the new Domain the Login failed.

Any Idea appreciated.

Cheers

Uwe

Parents
  • Hello,

It sounds like there is still old configuration that was not updated. Are all the user's accounts migrated to the new domain?

Are you sure Archive Manager did not create a second instance of their mailbox assigned to the new SMTP address? This is possible if the Active Directory Connector see's those accounts as new accounts it would create a new login/mailbox for them.

I would highly recommend upgrading so that you can take advantage of the Directory Connector piece I was referring to in my last post, and you do not need to worry about the Domains.xml file as everything is listed in the Directory Connector Screen in the "Configuration Console" formally known as the Configuration Editor in any version prior to 5.x.

In addition just to make you aware, 4.8 is not under support anymore and the best way for us to resolve the issue you're having is if possible to upgrade 5.3 first.

support.software.dell.com/.../lifecycle

You can upgrade by following this video:

support.software.dell.com/.../124558

5.3 can be downloaded from here:

support.software.dell.com/.../download-new-releases

As it's not under support and if it is becoming critical I would suggest opening a Service Request but I cannot say for sure that the Engineer would be able to resolve the issue on 4.8, it would be best effort support.

If you run into any issues at all or have any questions with the upgrade it is also recommended that you open a Service Request during your business hours so that Support can advise.

Service Requests can be opened on this website:

support.software.dell.com/create-service-request

Thank you,

Dave

• Hello,

It sounds like there is still old configuration that was not updated. Are all the user's accounts migrated to the new domain?

Are you sure Archive Manager did not create a second instance of their mailbox assigned to the new SMTP address? This is possible if the Active Directory Connector see's those accounts as new accounts it would create a new login/mailbox for them.

I would highly recommend upgrading so that you can take advantage of the Directory Connector piece I was referring to in my last post, and you do not need to worry about the Domains.xml file as everything is listed in the Directory Connector Screen in the "Configuration Console" formally known as the Configuration Editor in any version prior to 5.x.

In addition just to make you aware, 4.8 is not under support anymore and the best way for us to resolve the issue you're having is if possible to upgrade 5.3 first.

support.software.dell.com/.../lifecycle

You can upgrade by following this video:

support.software.dell.com/.../124558

5.3 can be downloaded from here:

support.software.dell.com/.../download-new-releases

As it's not under support and if it is becoming critical I would suggest opening a Service Request but I cannot say for sure that the Engineer would be able to resolve the issue on 4.8, it would be best effort support.

If you run into any issues at all or have any questions with the upgrade it is also recommended that you open a Service Request during your business hours so that Support can advise.

Service Requests can be opened on this website:

support.software.dell.com/create-service-request

Thank you,

Dave

Children
No Data