This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Custom Search for Users in a specific Group

Hi,

i am trying to audit a custom user attribute, which i added in the administration settings. Generally it works fine. Now i am want to restrict the search to users of a specific group instead of all users. There should be a way right?

In the administration area i found a "Member of Group" section but this seems to apply to all searches and not one specific. Also i tried adding a filter to an AD Query entity in the "What" section of the search but this didn't work either.

I didn't find anything more in the documentation. Is there anyone with a solution for this? Should be possible i guess.

Thank You!

• Hi Mason,

"Member of Group" is not intended for this purpose. I would suggest to remove any entries from that area if still specified.

You will need to specify the specific users you are interested in on the WHAT tab along with the event class criteria as unfortunately "Group Expansion" is not supported on the WHAT at this time. "Group Expansion" is only supported on the WHO tab.
  • Hi Chris,

thank you for the fast reply. That will be a lot of work in some cases. Hope this will be implemented at some point.
  • Hi Mason,

I checked in to this a bit and the feature (group expansion on the WHAT tab) is targeted for 7.0 release in the new year.