This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Did anyone upgrade to DA10 yet? How was your upgrade?

Curious if anyone has upgraded to 10 yet?  We are on 9.3.  We had a tough time upgrading each version, so we tend to only upgrade if its dire.  The biggest problem with 9.3 was the client files would fail to remove the old version ( I think we were on 9.1 prior).  Some MSI error.  Anyway with psexec I was able to remove a program GUID from the hklm registry on all machines and that fixed the rollout to 9.3.  Just curious if I'm going to have that same issue again going forward.  Its easy to test the server side upgrades as I can just restore a DC and DA server using Veeam to an isolated network in VMware.  But testing clients is more difficult.

Parents
  • The issues with client files not being removed during an upgrade has been resolved in the newer versions of Desktop Authority (DA).
    If you are currently running DA version 9.3 you should not see any of those issues during this upgrade. 

If you have any concerns about the upgrade, you can test the client and server side upgrade process by using a “Member Server Scenario” setup.
    What this does is it allows you to install the new version of DA in the same environment (not on the same server) as another installation of DA. 
    Using this setup you can test and verify the client files upgrade process on some machines without effecting your users currently running 9.3. 

Information on how to configure and eventually revert a Member Server Scenario can be found in these KBs:

How to configure a Member Server Scenario

How to undo a Member Server Scenario

In addition, we have an installation KB that walks through the entire DA 10 installation process:

Installation of Desktop Authority 10 (with video)

• The issues with client files not being removed during an upgrade has been resolved in the newer versions of Desktop Authority (DA).
    If you are currently running DA version 9.3 you should not see any of those issues during this upgrade. 

If you have any concerns about the upgrade, you can test the client and server side upgrade process by using a “Member Server Scenario” setup.
    What this does is it allows you to install the new version of DA in the same environment (not on the same server) as another installation of DA. 
    Using this setup you can test and verify the client files upgrade process on some machines without effecting your users currently running 9.3. 

Information on how to configure and eventually revert a Member Server Scenario can be found in these KBs:

How to configure a Member Server Scenario

How to undo a Member Server Scenario

In addition, we have an installation KB that walks through the entire DA 10 installation process:

Installation of Desktop Authority 10 (with video)

Children
No Data