This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Force remove Expert assist

HI, there a way to delete Expert Assist? we want to upgrade it, but one server is stuck with an old version, see image:

Parents
  • Hi Mavanier,
    The message that you are seeing is an indication that the installation of Expert Assist has been corrupted. The installation is in a state where it cannot be removed, repaired or updated. I don’t have enough information about your environment to provide specifics regarding the cause in this instance. However, my guess would be that you had Expert Assist installed on a machine and it was running fine until you performed a Windows 10 upgrade and that upgrade removed pieces of the software (along with some other software, drivers, associated registry settings, etc…). The resolution is to use the Microsoft Fix-It utility to remove the remnants of the corrupted install and everything should be fine after that. I have pasted a link below to a MS KB for your convenience.

support.microsoft.com/.../fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

• Hi Mavanier,
    The message that you are seeing is an indication that the installation of Expert Assist has been corrupted. The installation is in a state where it cannot be removed, repaired or updated. I don’t have enough information about your environment to provide specifics regarding the cause in this instance. However, my guess would be that you had Expert Assist installed on a machine and it was running fine until you performed a Windows 10 upgrade and that upgrade removed pieces of the software (along with some other software, drivers, associated registry settings, etc…). The resolution is to use the Microsoft Fix-It utility to remove the remnants of the corrupted install and everything should be fine after that. I have pasted a link below to a MS KB for your convenience.

support.microsoft.com/.../fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Children
No Data