This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Foglight 5.8.5 - SQL Server Deadlock data retention at 3 days??

Hi All,

I'm new to the Foglight community and this is my first post - please be gentle. I'm looking into Deadlocks on SQL Server and have noticed that the retention for deadlock information is 3 days, which seems a bit short.

I've tried to see where in Retention Policies and Object Cleanup this might be set but I can't determine where it is and how to change it. Any advice on how to (or even if I should) increase the number of days I see Deadlocks for?

Thanks

Keegan

Parents
  • Hi John,

There are a bunch of versions in the Cartridge Inventory - the specific version for DB_SQL_Server is 5.7.5.35 - so that matches closely with what you have indicated. The link you provided below - I dont have permissions to see, ill raise a request with support for that one.

Just would like some more clarification - I *think* I understand the rollup process, that being 15 mins being stored for 3 days, then rolled up to hourly averages etc - but after 3 days there is no deadlocking information. Its just gone. The count of deadlocks is the same for all history as it is for 3 days. The graph is clearly empty too prior to 3 days ago.

This is on the Databases-->Overview-->SQL Activity-->Deadlocks screen. Am I supposed to be viewing the rolled up data in another manner?

Thanks
    Keegan
  • Hi John,

There are a bunch of versions in the Cartridge Inventory - the specific version for DB_SQL_Server is 5.7.5.35 - so that matches closely with what you have indicated. The link you provided below - I dont have permissions to see, ill raise a request with support for that one.

Just would like some more clarification - I *think* I understand the rollup process, that being 15 mins being stored for 3 days, then rolled up to hourly averages etc - but after 3 days there is no deadlocking information. Its just gone. The count of deadlocks is the same for all history as it is for 3 days. The graph is clearly empty too prior to 3 days ago.

This is on the Databases-->Overview-->SQL Activity-->Deadlocks screen. Am I supposed to be viewing the rolled up data in another manner?

Thanks
    Keegan
Children
No Data