This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Change default user logon with RUM

Performing an inter-forests AD and Exchange migration. Primarily Win7 workstations with a few Win8 and Win10.

RUM processes and moves workstations without issue. My question is with when the user's samAccountName changes in the target.

In the source, user's logon ID is firstInitial.LastName. In the target it's firstName.lastName. 

The user profiles process properly but if I choose to preserve the default Domain and last-logged in user, the user's source account name is the default at the logon screen post-migration. 

Is there a way to change the last-logged in user account to reflect the new target account?

Thanks,

Eric

• Hi Eric,

Does this happen to all or just a one off? Any GPO that assign Assign a default domain for logon?

I read a write up on this a few days ago funny :), think it was Jeff or Wally that wrote it. I could be mistaken, apologizes in advance. Hit the "esc" key as a test, if I remember correctly.

cheers
  • Hello Enrico-
    Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't find any hits on this one. I'll try the ESC key. Yes, on 4 pilot systems, the old samAccountName value is in the account name box. Domain is the target. No GPOs for default Domain logon as far as I know.
  • "if I choose to preserve the default Domain and last-logged in user, the user's source account name is the default at the logon screen post-migration.

I really don't know what you mean by the above. The "Changed last logged-in domain to the target domain" option needs to be checked. This will change the domain and user ID to the target domain\target user ID as found in the mapping data. 

• Hello Jeff-
    Example: Source ID is "jjones". Target ID is "john.jones"
    After reboot, the target domain is the default domain, but the ID is still "jjones".
    RUM log does not show an error. The log entries are:
    07/03/2018 15:35:41 11608 Setting last logged-in user to EU.NET.DNA.COM\ddigrego.
    07/03/2018 15:35:41 11608 Current last logged-in user: BPTCORP\ddigrego.
    07/03/2018 15:35:41 11608 Setting last logged-in user to EU.NET.DNA.COM\ddigrego.

The source account is "ddigrego" but the target account is "david.digrego"
  • Look at the vmover.ini. Find the line with jjones in it. It should read #,jjones,####,john.jones,,,1 if it reads, #,jjones,####,,,,1, run a migration session using your import file again. That should set the mapping data to #,jjones,####,john.jones,,,1

• Here is the exact line from the ini file:
    ;DDiGrego;101151;domenico.digregorio;;;1;1;A9A27E56F475C04191B5CEEFEC6293AE;4AA5E3CA4552384096AFF46AA0F462E
    You can see that the source/target entries are correct. I'll check the next users in our pilot prior to migration.