This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CLI to list savesets

I have over 1PB (logically) of data to review and expire to free up disk on 2 dr-4100s. This is over 50,000 jobs/indicies/etc. The GUI is cumbersome and it will take weeks to go through everything job by job. The load time alone to get to the oldest set is 3-5 minutes (Load more 3 times) and then the list has to refresh once an operation is performed on one or more savesets.

I know that I can input a list of savesets into nvexpiresaveset and have it do the work for me but getting the information is the problem. Is there a CLI option to list savesets from disk storage? All the CLI utilities seem to be geared towards tape media.

Parents
  • I agree. If you used NetVault pre-10 you probably remember we had a pretty deep reporting tool. You could pretty much create 1000s of reports with hundreds of options and functions - I believe they removed this so they could meet the demands for the new-look NetVault as it was too much of a beast to overhaul, but they are bringing it back to some capacity I've heard, and they have been adding more reports and fixing bugs with reports on each release. So, hopefully it will be making a comeback into the product and work as well as it did in the past.
  • I agree. If you used NetVault pre-10 you probably remember we had a pretty deep reporting tool. You could pretty much create 1000s of reports with hundreds of options and functions - I believe they removed this so they could meet the demands for the new-look NetVault as it was too much of a beast to overhaul, but they are bringing it back to some capacity I've heard, and they have been adding more reports and fixing bugs with reports on each release. So, hopefully it will be making a comeback into the product and work as well as it did in the past.
Children
No Data