This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SQL Attachability & Snapshots

Hi All,

A two-parter on a 2008r2 server running an instance of SQL that we are backing up.

1) I think I generally understand the attachability check concept but we do not have a full install to test it against not can I really justify purchasing one for the task. The software that uses it on the server in question was a bundled package for document management. It may or may not work to check itself but so far I haven't tried it. How important is this step? All the backup flag as yellow (unchecked). How often does it really need to be done? If it is critical what do you do if it fails?

2) This same server seems to snapshot every night after roll-up time regardless of the schedule I set it at. This is the only server in the lot that does this but it is the only one that has SQL on it. Is this triggered somehow by the roll-up or is it by default or what? It seems like this behavior is not by design.

Thanks.

Parents
  • I will probably try it just to make sure it works and then leave it off. This particular server is not really all that mission critical and is backed up two different ways.

I left the log truncation on and simply adjusted the roll up time to oppose the backup of that machine by 12 hours thereby adding an additional snapshot at a more useful time.
  • I will probably try it just to make sure it works and then leave it off. This particular server is not really all that mission critical and is backed up two different ways.

I left the log truncation on and simply adjusted the roll up time to oppose the backup of that machine by 12 hours thereby adding an additional snapshot at a more useful time.
Children
No Data