This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I create a repository in the cloud?

We are looking to move our storage to the cloud and use our sans strictly for vm's, datastores and snapshots.

We are currently running Appassure 5.4.3 but can upgrade to Rapid Recovery if necessary.

I would like to know if it is possbile to create a repository in the cloud (AWS Simple Storage Solution) and direct our backups there.

Or a different cloud storage solution.

Parents
  • I would like to add to the conversation that you can archive older recovery points directly to the cloud and that the cloud archive behaves like a read only repository (you can attach it directly to your local core, without having to download and import the archive).
    If you have a hybrid cloud and desire to protect the machines that already are in the cloud, you can build a cloud core -- although this is a trivial case.
    Backing up directly to the cloud is a difficult proposition logistically wise and as such, as Tim said, it is not supported yet.
  • I would like to add to the conversation that you can archive older recovery points directly to the cloud and that the cloud archive behaves like a read only repository (you can attach it directly to your local core, without having to download and import the archive).
    If you have a hybrid cloud and desire to protect the machines that already are in the cloud, you can build a cloud core -- although this is a trivial case.
    Backing up directly to the cloud is a difficult proposition logistically wise and as such, as Tim said, it is not supported yet.
Children
No Data