This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Virtual Standby Exports Suddenly Fail

Hi All,

I have two machines that I export offsite as standby VM's and they both have suddenly stopped exporting. None of the permissions have changed and the firewalls are down. I did just do a round of windows updates the day before but I was still exporting right up until this afternoon. I realize that this may not be a RR issue per-se but any ideas would be appreciated. I am unable to even connect far enough to add a new machine to export. I can remote desktop the machine and ping it.

Exception chain:

• Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
  • Cannot obtain access to a remote machine 'offsite server' This error could be caused by one of the following 
    • The user name or password is incorrect.
    • The specified user does not have administrator privileges on the remote machine.
    • The specified user does not have access to the remote machine via Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Cannot connect to the Hyper-V server 'offsite server' using the specified credentials. Please make sure the user name and password are correct
Parents
  • Hi Corrigun,

Have you double checked the user account that was used when setting up virtual standby to ensure it is not locked or the password has not been changed? Those would cause access denied.

The other thing to check on is the WMI troubleshooting in this article - msdn.microsoft.com/.../aa394603(v=vs.85).aspx. It lists that error code specifically with steps for how to resolve. It's very possible that Windows Update changed some WMI permissions and now your user doesn't have remote access to make the connections/changes that it needs for export.

-Tim
  • Hi Corrigun,

Have you double checked the user account that was used when setting up virtual standby to ensure it is not locked or the password has not been changed? Those would cause access denied.

The other thing to check on is the WMI troubleshooting in this article - msdn.microsoft.com/.../aa394603(v=vs.85).aspx. It lists that error code specifically with steps for how to resolve. It's very possible that Windows Update changed some WMI permissions and now your user doesn't have remote access to make the connections/changes that it needs for export.

-Tim
Children
No Data