This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Help with Powershell Reporting

We use Rapid Recovery 6.1.1.137 to backup all of our user computers. We have over 150 computers backed up that are spread out over four separate cores.

I am looking for a way to generate an alert (email) when any computer has not had a successful backup of its C:\ partition in X number of days.

Currently I get email alerts when transfer jobs fail but its not terribly helpful because transfers fail all the time on user computers because they are often turned off/put to sleep/lose connection mid snapshot on a daily basis. I get so many failure emails that I mostly ignore them unless I see a trend of failures on any one certain computer.

Also the built in reporting is not helpful in this situation because there are plenty of times that a computer will show as having a recent successful snapshot but if I look at the details of the recovery points I can see that it may have only been the SRP or SYSTEM partition that completed successfully but not the main data (C:\) partition. This also is misleading when looking at the home tab in the core where I can quickly see a list of all protected machines and the date/time of their last snapshot. Those successful backups might only be for one partition.

Is there any way to customize one of the powershell scripts to do what I am looking for?

Or if not, the next best thing would be a weekly generated report that shows me the date/time of the last successful backup for each computer but only show successful if ALL partitions were successfully snapshotted.

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi jblackledge:
    I have written a script that yields the newest recovery points and allows a threshold to be set up via a parameter. It is pretty well documented. Give it a try!
    The KB is support.quest.com/.../153721
    Download and run RRnewestrecoverypointsreport.2.ps1 (there are a few older scripts attached to the KB together with a report example)
    Let us know how it goes!
  • Hi jblackledge:
    I have written a script that yields the newest recovery points and allows a threshold to be set up via a parameter. It is pretty well documented. Give it a try!
    The KB is support.quest.com/.../153721
    Download and run RRnewestrecoverypointsreport.2.ps1 (there are a few older scripts attached to the KB together with a report example)
    Let us know how it goes!
Children
No Data