This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VM Export Failing "File or folder already exists"

Hi all,

I've been demoing the rapid recovery software for a couple weeks now and the one issue that has been absolutely killing me is setting up a virtual standby.  I can create the initial image with no issue and am able to work on the VM, but it continually fails doing the exports when I push a snapshot giving the following error:

Task 'Create virtual machine' failed: Cannot complete the operation because the file or folder /vmfs/volumes/5911bb9b-e8cc1f68-050b-2c768a4f1954/ALMO-EXCHANGE/ALMO-EXCHANGE.vmx already exists. For more details open events on ESXi host/vCenter

I can't seem to find anything on this so any help would be amazing!  Thanks in advance!

Parents
  • Thank you so much for all your help on this Phuffers! You've definitely gotten me a lot further than any of my prior research. If I'm still having issues after trying a few things I will certainly be coming back here.

I don't know if you use reddit, but if you do I would love to gift you gold!
  • Thank you so much for all your help on this Phuffers! You've definitely gotten me a lot further than any of my prior research. If I'm still having issues after trying a few things I will certainly be coming back here.

I don't know if you use reddit, but if you do I would love to gift you gold!
Children
No Data