This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Doc Retriever Errors cannot restore Sharepoint

Doc retriever will not Open a Mounted Recovery Point. I keep getting an error, 

Error occurred during retrieving locations of Sharepoint databases from mounted recovery point, Error message: Database path " does not contain valid file name.

I mount a recovery point using the Core Console and Mount Writable. Open Doc Retriever, File>>Open>>Recovery Point Location

The Wizard Opens, I validate my credentials, my Farm Topology is visible, I enter the Root Path in the next screen, (Which is the "DATA" folder Under the Mounted SQL backup that contains the Mounted Sharepoint Databases). It does not matter how I try to open these I receive the same error message. I have tried using the Local Mount Utility to mount my recovery points, nothing works with this DocRetriever. 

When I try Open>>Recovery Source, I receive another error message, "Cannot find the original destination for item "/path/user/name.doc" 

There is something missing in this configuration. I have gone through and reinstalled both AGent and Console user, checked the permissions several times on both servers, regardless of what I do I receive these errors. Nothing in the logs. There are no errors in the logs except for the two that I have listed here. No SQL Errors, I am beginning to believe Doc Retriever just does not work in this version.

Parents
  • Hi:

There may be an issue as of how you attempt the restore. With the risk to repeat what you already know, I will mention the succession of steps here. To make things more difficult for you :) I will do it from memory so, please bear with me for slight inexactitudes :)

1. File->Open. Chose Farm. Browse to the SharePoint Config DB on the mounted recovery point.

This would add the content directory to the 'Contend DB Directories' window below.

2. Use the + button to add the logs. If you have multiple folders with SharePoint items databases/logs, you need to add ALL of them.  If the SharePoint content is spread over multiple volumes, all need to be mounted so the databases can be accessed.

3. Click OK. A list of the sites of the farm will be shown.

4. Select the desired site and drill down to the items you desire to restore.

There is a possibility that the NTFS permissions on the mounted recovery points block your access to some SharePoint databases. Check and do corrections if needed!

Please let us know if this helps :)

• Hi:

There may be an issue as of how you attempt the restore. With the risk to repeat what you already know, I will mention the succession of steps here. To make things more difficult for you :) I will do it from memory so, please bear with me for slight inexactitudes :)

1. File->Open. Chose Farm. Browse to the SharePoint Config DB on the mounted recovery point.

This would add the content directory to the 'Contend DB Directories' window below.

2. Use the + button to add the logs. If you have multiple folders with SharePoint items databases/logs, you need to add ALL of them.  If the SharePoint content is spread over multiple volumes, all need to be mounted so the databases can be accessed.

3. Click OK. A list of the sites of the farm will be shown.

4. Select the desired site and drill down to the items you desire to restore.

There is a possibility that the NTFS permissions on the mounted recovery points block your access to some SharePoint databases. Check and do corrections if needed!

Please let us know if this helps :)

Children
No Data