This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RR Core Service Missing

Hi,

Not much information on this one unfortunately. I upgraded from AA to RR last year which went fine and it's been running since without any issues. However, a few weeks ago, and I'm not seeing the cause, the Rapid Recovery Core service is missing, not present in the Services list. There's only Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recovery Agent Service.

Couldn't spot anything relevant in Event Viewer. The AV we're running is Trend's Deep Security.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

• If this is on the core itself, and you're on one of the newer releases, and the core is up and running you should see 3 services listed under Quest for the core (Quest Rapid Recovery Core Service, Quest Rapid Recovery MongoDB service, Quest Rapid Recovery VMware Proxy Service).

If you're on the core, make sure when you open the services panel it is connected to the local machine and not another server as well.
  • I have the MongoDB and the VMware Proxy services, but not the Core Service. Trying to access the console fails of course, as does the Local Mount Utility.

The other service I wrote in my original post was for another server, apologies.
  • I see. That would be why the core does not work yes. Either:

1) Rerun the Rapid Recovery core installer and choose Repair (and the following reboot)

or

2) Control Panel > Programs and Features > choose Rapid Recovery Core and 'Change' > then run the Repair (and the following reboot)

That generally gets you the Core service back.
  • I have seen this several times. I think the issue is that the service name was changed between v5 and v6 and the service name disappears or gets reset to the old one, once in awhile. Its pretty silly.

A repair seems to fix it or check the service entry in the reg
  • Thanks, repairing did the trick. Odd as I'd tried it though slightly different. Upgrading fro 6.1.1 (iirc) to 6.1.3 prompted a repair, but didn't re-create the service.

Thanks for the help.