This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Direct connect core to server(s)

Have any of you tired this? I though of setting up a practice DR destination server in the rack and connect it directly to the core with a dedicated switch or crossover cable to keep it off the LAN. It then it occurred to me I could actually connect all of my servers back to the core each on it's own NIC to keep backup overhead off the LAN.

Thoughts?

Parents
  • I'll look up the case. Thanks. Reprotecting is not necessary. Changing the hostname in the agent settings saves time and won't cause any negative side effects.

Yes you do have to specify the IP on your backup network in the settings to force the core traffic over a specific NIC.

Removing a machine from protection with the GUI and reprotecting is intended to cause a base image. This is because the core tells the agent to delete it's changelogs and stop logging. If RR didn't stop logging and you were to leave the agent software installed, it would continue logging indefinitely and fill up small volumes like the system reserved partition. This then cascades into other problems on your systems.
  • I'll look up the case. Thanks. Reprotecting is not necessary. Changing the hostname in the agent settings saves time and won't cause any negative side effects.

Yes you do have to specify the IP on your backup network in the settings to force the core traffic over a specific NIC.

Removing a machine from protection with the GUI and reprotecting is intended to cause a base image. This is because the core tells the agent to delete it's changelogs and stop logging. If RR didn't stop logging and you were to leave the agent software installed, it would continue logging indefinitely and fill up small volumes like the system reserved partition. This then cascades into other problems on your systems.
Children
No Data