This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Direct connect core to server(s)

Have any of you tired this? I though of setting up a practice DR destination server in the rack and connect it directly to the core with a dedicated switch or crossover cable to keep it off the LAN. It then it occurred to me I could actually connect all of my servers back to the core each on it's own NIC to keep backup overhead off the LAN.

Thoughts?

Parents
  • Hi corrigun:
    I suppose that you tried a volume restore as a BMR should not create any problems. If this is the case I would switch the binding order of the network adapters on the agent to restore.
    Just to be on the safe side, I would add a temporary entry in the hosts file making sure that the agent name is resolved on the desired IP. Please let us know if it works for you.
  • Hi corrigun:
    I suppose that you tried a volume restore as a BMR should not create any problems. If this is the case I would switch the binding order of the network adapters on the agent to restore.
    Just to be on the safe side, I would add a temporary entry in the hosts file making sure that the agent name is resolved on the desired IP. Please let us know if it works for you.
Children
No Data