This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Deferred Delete / Repo space

Does anyone from RR have any insight into the Deferred Delete Process and/ or managing full repo's?

1) Deferred Delete

I cant find a lot of info on deferred delete past https://support.quest.com/rapid-recovery/kb/198715/understanding-deferred-delete-in-nightly-jobs

- How is it different than the normal deleting rpfs index file jobs? Does it just run after a delete is performed vs waiting till the nightly?

- Is there any reason not to enable this (and if not, why is it not the default) 

- If we upgrade to v6 and enable deferred delete (or the normal nightly job) Will this clean up v5 repos that were affected with several bugs from v5 repos, such as the ones documented here

support.quest.com/.../understanding-0-compression-in-an-appassure-rapid-recovery-repository

2) Full Repo's

I wish you guys would take a look at this entire repo situation. We constantly have sites call us with full repo's and it is a pain to deal with. The Cores are always in this catch 22 where you need space to free up space and we always seem to end up doing something we don't want to do just in order to get it running again and each time, what we have to do seems different. These types of posts go back years without any change, the forum suggested 2 of them as "solutions" to me when I was creating this one

Some idea's

- Have the Repo reserve some space for performing jobs that clear up space, like deletes, rollup etc. Make it so this space can not be consumed long term, EVER

- Have the Core stop backup when the repo reaches a certain % full or even better a % of the total size. So a working % is stored if the repo is 500GB or 50TB, make this configurable

- Have some sort of external space that can be used for jobs like rollup, RP deletes. Even if we had to add a storage location to the repo that was used for this process ONLY. so we could add it, delete data, run rollup and then DELETE the storage location from the repo (long shot, probably)

Or maybe I am missing something that is already there? If so, I would love a bit of guidance

Thanks in advance

Parents
  • Hi:
    This is Sasha, I’m a member of the new PM group for Rapid Recovery. You’re right the Aha! Ideation portal has in the past been a black hole, but my boss Adam Nelson has made it a priority within the team to work through the deep backlog of ideas already in the queue, and respond to new ideas promptly. We only took over the PM office within the last month, so it will take some time for us to identify and work through these areas that were neglected in the past. I want to assure you we are very respectful of the time customers spend writing up ideas and feedback and are committed to showing that respect by responding promptly and honestly to all of these submissions.

I’m going to bring Adam’s attention to this thread also, he may have more to add.

Thanks,
    Sasha
  • Hi:
    This is Sasha, I’m a member of the new PM group for Rapid Recovery. You’re right the Aha! Ideation portal has in the past been a black hole, but my boss Adam Nelson has made it a priority within the team to work through the deep backlog of ideas already in the queue, and respond to new ideas promptly. We only took over the PM office within the last month, so it will take some time for us to identify and work through these areas that were neglected in the past. I want to assure you we are very respectful of the time customers spend writing up ideas and feedback and are committed to showing that respect by responding promptly and honestly to all of these submissions.

I’m going to bring Adam’s attention to this thread also, he may have more to add.

Thanks,
    Sasha
Children
No Data