This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotlight mobile information security

Hi,

I am looking at deploying Spotlight mobile so that I can monitor the environment on the go.

However, I work for a hospital and need to make sure that no patient information is sent outside of the organisation.

Could you confirm if there are any query plans (As these will include patient names and numbers in the text) or any other such information would be sent to the external servers or the app?

Many thanks

Kevin

Parents
  • Hi Kevin,

As of version 12.0, Spotlight introduced a new option to mask sensitive data in query plans inside the application along with the upload of data to cloud. To enable this feature, open Connection Properties window by right-clicking on the SQL Server connection name and select 'Properties' option. Enable 'Obscure string literals in SQL text and parameters in query plans' option and hit OK.

Here's the Help extract of this option:
    Dummy text replaces string literals in all displays of the SQL Statement and Query Plan. This protects privacy information that may be contained in those literals. Large numbers (greater than 99,999,999) are replaced with 987654321.

Gita
  • Hi Kevin,

As of version 12.0, Spotlight introduced a new option to mask sensitive data in query plans inside the application along with the upload of data to cloud. To enable this feature, open Connection Properties window by right-clicking on the SQL Server connection name and select 'Properties' option. Enable 'Obscure string literals in SQL text and parameters in query plans' option and hit OK.

Here's the Help extract of this option:
    Dummy text replaces string literals in all displays of the SQL Statement and Query Plan. This protects privacy information that may be contained in those literals. Large numbers (greater than 99,999,999) are replaced with 987654321.

Gita
Children
No Data