This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repository Full - Second Repository has more storage available

Hello,

I have an interesting problem.  My Repository is currently full.  I tried to delete some recovery points to free up space, and change retention policies, which helped to free up space, but, my FileServer decided it wants to take a new Base Image, which I don't have enough space to allow it to happen.  I know I could kill all Recovery points from my file server, and let it start again, but I'm hoping to avoid this, as I have a better option.

We have an Outgoing Replication Rapid Recovery server set up that is in the same datacenter (same rack even).  The intention was to put the second server at a second Data Center and have backups replicate...but it never happened.  We have roughly 4 more TB of space on this second server.  I think I want to make this the primary server, but am not really sure how to do it.  I didn't want to do anything drastic, as I'd be curious if there's a really easy way to do it since it's backing up and replicating.  I'm going to try to do some more research, my preliminary research has not found much, and I figured I'd get the question asked, and then I'll post an answer if I find it.