This latest release also gives IT greater insight and control with new agentless inventory of Windows servers and PCs, as well as an option to integrate server monitoring logs and alerts for Windows, Linux and Unix servers. Additionally, enhanced agentless device discovery and asset management of any connected device offer a wealth of actionable data to help customers better manage their “Enterprise of Things.”
The Dell KACE K1000 v6.3 is a major step forward in providing “anypoint” management under a single pane of glass. “With the proliferation of mobile and smart devices connected to corporate networks, it is imperative for organizations to make systems management a top priority,” said David Kloba, vice president and general manager of Endpoint Systems Management for Dell. “We’re redefining systems management by delivering a comprehensive, easy-to-deploy anypoint management solution for hundreds to tens of thousands of computers and devices, helping IT to significantly reduce costs.”
To help organizations address the surge of mobile devices, BYOD and Internet of Things (IoT) in the workplace, Dell Software sponsored a Dimensional Research survey in December 2014. More than 700 IT professionals worldwide assessed the biggest challenges companies face in managing a never-ending onslaught of network-connected devices.
Key findings include:
- In addition to traditional computing devices, 96 percent of those surveyed had printing devices, 84 percent had mobile devices, 78 percent had telephonic devices and 53 percent had audio-visual devices connected to their networks.
- Nearly 90 percent of the respondents expect the total number or the total types of devices requiring management to increase in the next three years.
- More than half of the survey respondents had three or more systems management tools; 67 percent of those polled wanted to use fewer systems.
- Security, the ability to monitor device/application performance, and asset management were the top three concerns for addressing increased types and numbers of devices.
- More than 60 percent of the survey participants were sure, or suspected, that there were unknown devices or applications connected to their networks.
Securely Manage Anypoint Systems and Devices with Dell KACE Systems Management
The Dell KACE K1000 v6.3 helps customers clear major obstacles caused by the sharp rise in the number and types of devices connected to corporate networks. With Dell KACE, organizations can alleviate security and compliance concerns while replacing multiple point solutions or manual processes with a single appliance that automates and integrates critical systems management functionality.
Benefits of the new Dell KACE K1000 include:
- Integration of Chromebook data greatly simplifies daily administrative, security and systems management of Chrome devices.
- Agentless asset management of Windows systems enables companies to easily manage server hardware and software without worrying about agent-based performance concerns.
- Integrated server log monitoring offers greater oversight without requiring extensive training or special expertise.
- Greater visibility through enhanced agentless technology produces actionable insights into a broad spectrum of non-computer devices such as printers, projectors, network routers and switches—all from a single console.
The Dell KACE K1000 v6.3 also streamlines patch management with real-time and roll-up status reporting. Additional enhancements include service desk improvements, greater integration with Dell Enterprise Mobility Management via single sign-on, and software asset management extensions for supporting more license types as well as an inventory of applications installed within Microsoft App-V.
Dave Perry, technical operations manager, Denver Museum of Nature and Science
“The newest Dell KACE K1000 allows us to discover, configure, secure and support 600 computers, hundreds of network switches and printers, as well as automatic electronic device and powerful projection systems in our interactive exhibits, immersive classrooms and planetarium. With more than 1.3 million visitors each year, including 2,000 students each day and up to 20 events each week, it’s crucial to provide the highest level of support for Museum and research operations. With Dell KACE, we are more responsive, efficient and effective in managing and maintaining everything connected to the Museum’s network.”
Stephen Carr, chief technology officer, Ventura County Office of Education
“We continually seek new ways to increase both the efficiency and effectiveness of managing network-connected devices across 21 public school districts and a K-12 student population that current exceeds 140,000 students. As many of our smaller school districts are eager to take advantage of economical Chromebook deployments, having a simple solution for managing Chromebooks along with other computer systems and devices enables Ventura County to deliver a higher level of service to our school districts. With Dell KACE, we can best meet the needs of our schools while reducing IT administration.”
Steve Van Ginkel, director of business development, Sterling Computers Corporation
“As an award-winning member of Dell’s PartnerDirect channel program, we are committed to delivering the latest and most innovative solutions to overcome today’s complex IT challenges. With the newest release of the Dell KACE K1000, we can offer unprecedented visibility and control of ever-increasing network-connected devices in a simple, easy-to-use appliance. For our education customers, the ability to incorporate data from the Chromebook management console directly into Dell KACE for integrated inventory, asset, service desk, and reporting will yield significant IT time and cost savings.”
IDC, “Worldwide and U.S. Phone, Tablet, PC and Connected Consumer 2015 Top 10 Projections”
“Google continues to pour resources into its Chromebook efforts, and in 2014, those efforts began to drive real shipment growth, with totals increasing to a forecast of 6 million units for the year (up from 2.6 million units for the full year 2013). In 2015, the company will look to expand its Chromebook footprint, partnering with additional hardware vendors as well as new processor suppliers in an effort to drive hardware prices even lower. As a result, we expect Chromebook vendors to ship more than 9 million units in 2015.”
Pricing and Availability
- Dell KACE K1000 v6.3 is available as a physical, virtual or hosted appliance. Dell KACE K1000 pricing is $8,900 for the physical or virtual appliance and 100 managed systems – computers or servers. The K1000 as a Service is available for $6.50 per managed computer per month.
- Existing Dell KACE K1000 customers can upgrade to the latest version at no additional cost. In addition to agentless technology, patching and service desk improvements, customers receive single sign-on capabilities with Dell Enterprise Mobility Management and one server monitoring license.
- An additional charge of $2,000 supports up to 200 licenses for server monitoring. The license cost for managing Chromebooks and non-computing devices is $1,250 for up to 250 devices.
- The Dell KACE K1000 is sold direct by Dell and through an extensive network of Dell certified channel partners.
About the Survey
- In December 2014, a global database of IT professionals was emailed an invitation to participate in an online survey on the topic of managing endpoints in changing IT environments.
- A total of 723 individuals completed the survey. Participants included a variety of stakeholders, including IT executives, managers, front-line IT professionals, and others representing a wide range of company sizes and industry verticals.
Dell KACE Delivers Comprehensive Anypoint Systems Management
The award-wining Dell KACE systems management appliances provide comprehensive, easy-to-use and affordable solutions for securing and maintaining critical IT assets. Only Dell ESM delivers endpoint systems management capabilities in an appliance-based architecture that simplifies deployment and ensures fast time to value. Dell KACE also provides best-of-class systems management capabilities as part of Dell’s Enterprise Mobility Management solution. For more information, visit www.dell.com/kace.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.