This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't login to a few mailboxes

MMEX 8.13

Source and target Exchange 2010 using legacy agents.

I've successfully migrated ~400 mailboxes thus far. I have 6 that I cannot get going. Here's a snip from the log file of one of them.

1/18/2017 10:43:14 AM CSession::Logon TraceMsg 4800 Logging on to the mailbox '/o=Target/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=PLNVeriteq.ServiceAccount' (Server: 'target.local', user: 'Target\DMM_Trg_EX', has assocciated PFDB: 'False', connection flags = 32770).
1/18/2017 10:43:14 AM CaeMAPISession::Logon TraceMsg 0 Trying to synchronize MAPI profile creation.
1/18/2017 10:43:14 AM CaeMAPISession::Logon TraceMsg 0 Creating MAPI profile.
1/18/2017 10:43:14 AM CaeMAPISession::Logon TraceMsg 0 Trying to logon.
1/18/2017 10:43:15 AM CaeMAPISession::Logon TraceMsg 0 Trying to open private store.
1/18/2017 10:43:15 AM CSession::Logon Error -2147221231 The information store could not be opened. - MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED (MAPI 1.0) Low level error: 0x0 File: 'aeWrapHelpers.h' Line: '279'
1/18/2017 10:43:15 AM CMBMSwitcher::Switch2 Informational 4902 Cannot switch mailbox '/o=Source/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=VERITEQ'.
1/18/2017 10:43:15 AM CSession::Logoff TraceMsg 4801 Logging off from the mailbox '/o=Source/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=VERITEQ' (Server: 'Source.corp', user: 'Source\DMM_Src_EX').

Using the Source\DMM_Src_EX account I can connect to the mailbox using MFCMAPI successfully. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rich

• Hi Rich,

I can think of many things this could be but there's some things we Will need to know.
    -What's the version of Exchange that it's failing agains?
    -Is it only during switching that it fails, mail sync works fine?
    -Are you doing manual switching? or Automatic?
    -When you testing with MFCMAPI, were you logged on as the service account, on the agent host, and opening the mailbox with the LEDN shown in the log for the mailbox name?
    -Is their a Load Balancer in front of the CAS Array? Are you bypassing it on the console, or other hosts you are trying to work with?

Lot's to think about
    Luke
  • Source and target Exchange are 2010
    Calendar and Mail Sync are failing
    Automatic switching
    Using LEDN with MFCMAPI on the agent host
    There is a NLB, but I'm bypassing with the host file
    Thanks
  • I would suggest you run the following two powershell commands (at least the mailbox permissions) to reset the permissions on that mailbox, to see if this fixes it. It sounds like otherwise, you have everything covered.

'mailbox'= your users mailbox and of course 'Domain\Service Account' is your specific service account from the log.

Get-Mailbox ‘mailbox’ | Add-MailboxPermission -user Domain\Service Account -AccessRights FullAccess
    Get-Mailbox ‘mailbox’ | Add-ADPermission -user Domain\Service Account -ExtendedRights Send-As, Receive-As

This happens often, where even if it shows as set, that resetting the permission fixes the issue.

I hope this helps,
    Luke
  • Get-Mailbox ‘mailbox’ | Add-ADPermission -user Domain\Service Account -ExtendedRights Send-As, Receive-As

says Add-ADPermission it's not recognized as a cmdlet
  • The Add-AD one is trickier, as usually the account running it doesn't have enough permissions to set this, but the mailbox one should do enough.
    Try the Mailbox one and let us know.
    Luke
  • Same error. I should have mentioned previously that these mailboxes were hidden from the GAL. I un-hid them last night though and refreshed the source in MMEX.
  • Make sure the "ShowInAddressBook" on source is populated with whatever, just not blank, and ensure they are not "ShowInAdvancedViewOnly" = True, or QMM cannot see them.
    Luke
  • Here is the KB article with the PowerShell permissions to run against those mailboxes.

support.quest.com/.../101781
  • ShowInAddressBook is populated, and ShowInAdvancedViewOnly was not set. I set it to True, but same issue. I also checked the mailboxes that I have already migrated and ShowInAdvancedViewOnly was not set as well, yet there were no issues with those ones.
  • Those are a bit excessive though. The two I sent should cover it for one offs.