Quest Software has launched a beta of our new Migration Suite for SharePoint.
This all-in-one powerful tool enables organizations to migrate content, workflows, metadata, permissions, files and public folders on-premise and to SharePoint Online in Office 365.
Here are some great benefits with the migration suite beta:
- Migrate to SharePoint on-premise and Online with an agentless SharePoint migration tool that installs within minutes, reducing the complexity, cost and timeline of migration projects.
- Consolidate SharePoint, file systems, and public folders to SharePoint on-premise and Online in Office 365 with a single automated tool to control migration costs and reduce legacy infrastructure.
- Reorganize or re-template sites during migration, enabling organizations to keep content organized and structured for increased productivity and business continuity.
- Retain, reassign and add metadata to items and documents as they are migrated to preserve critical data, make information easier to find and enhance the business value of content.
- Eliminate unwanted data by filtering what files, list items or other content is migrated to SharePoint Online, enabling IT to enforce retention policies for a clean and compliant environment.
- Perform flexible migrations at a granular level, allowing changes to be made easily and to improve ongoing site manageability.
- Drag-and drop multiple files and folders to speed migration times and improve performance.
- Schedule resource-intensive migration tasks for off-peak hours to minimize impact on production systems and end users.
- Simplify repetitive migrations with job profiles and mapping templates that can be used across multiple migrations, reducing the time, complexity and risk of future projects.
- Move customized sites to SharePoint on-premise and Online to leverage existing investments.
- Facilitate project management with real-time progress reporting and scheduling, enabling IT to easily manage and complete jobs on-schedule and within budget.
Quest Migration Suite for SharePoint supports migration from the following sources:
SharePoint Server 2010: Internet/Extranet
SharePoint Foundation 2010
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007
Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) v3
Microsoft Online (BPOS) and other SharePoint Hosting Providers
SharePoint Portal Server (SPS) 2003
Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) v2
Microsoft Exchange (any version accessible via Outlook 2007/2010)
Microsoft Outlook 2007/2010Local or Network Windows File Shares
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 File Classification Infrastructure